Virgin hair extensions like a human natural hair also need to be taken care of. Yes, you are allowed to iron and curl it using flat irons as well as changing its natural color using dye shampoos and style it in any way you wish. However, there are still some important hair care tips for virgin hair extensions that you need to keep in mind if you wish to prolong its life. Make sure you treat them as if it was your own hair as much as possible.
To keep your virgin hair extensions soft, tangle-free and shiny, you can use appropriate hair products to nourish its strands. You can find a lot of these in shopping centers. The most popular are conditioners, hair repair treatment, hair moisturizer, hydrating shampoos, and more from different trusted brands. Check out your nearest store for these items.
Below are some simple and easy to follow hair care tips to maintain the life of your virgin hair extensions:
2. When working with a hair stylist, remind him/her not to sew from the weft of your hair extensions. This is paramount in keeping your extensions well-treated and cared of.
3. Curling your extensions or straightening it using flat irons is possible but be extra careful on using heat irons because the high temperature can damage it and might decrease its life.
4. Wash your virgin hair extensions only when it’s starting to look dull and lifeless. It doesn’t need to be as often as washing your own hair. Make sure you use a good quality shampoo and conditioner to nourish its strands. Wash your extensions and apply conditioner from top to bottom. Leave it for 15 minutes or more before washing your hair. Choose shampoos and conditioner products that moisturize and hydrate your extensions.
6. When drying your hair, avoid rubbing it using a towel or else it will end up being frizzy and you will not like its look. You can just let your hair dry but if you need it to be done quickly you can dry the half and just finish air drying the rest.
7. When your virgin hair extensions get damp, apply a dime size anti-frizz hair serum to moisturize it. Using a curl cream may also be required in some cases.